- A product company delivering premium modern underwear for girls and boys around the world. We are inspired by modern folklore based on the nonsense of myths, facts of science and affordances of technology. Our undies are sought out by quality connoisseurs with demand for utility and pleasure.
- Established in San Francisco in 2011, we've grown roots in Los Angeles in 2014. All our production is made-to-order locally. The best raw materials are handpicked for our styles which are developed, cut, and sewn in-house based on 15 years of experience in the industry.
Hourly Assistant Production Designer - LA
Wolf Industries isn't a typical brand nor kids shop. As a Contract Assistant Production Designer, you’ll be involved in a range of aspects of brand experience through different engagements. The core focus of your role will be to support production, operations and logistics. You will also actively participate in the design process, and will be expected to offer creative solutions in all stages of projects you participate in. This means you’ll feel like an integrated part of a multi-disciplinary team working on big challenges, all with the end-goal of owning production output and creative execution.
To date we've been a small self-sustained shop that has worked in a lean manner with curiosity and courage to pick-up new things, learn and fill the gaps for the growing needs of the brand. The fantastic news is that the hard work over the last 2 years has paid of. We are delighted that things are taking off with repeat customers, relationships with retailers and the global community. To help support our growing business we are ready to add capacity that will allow us to support product supply as well as push the product and business innovation.
You'll be the first position added to support our current small shop operations. You'll work directly with the founder. The work itself is varied, and spreads across physical and digital spheres (prototyping, designing, making, sewing, pattern making, grading, research, sourcing, costing, producing, sales, events, shipping, marketing). We ask that you have a foundation in fashion: sewing, patternmaking, grading. Because of the broad scope of our projects, we do give preference to designers with a wide range of skill sets.
- 2+ years experience in production, product development or fashion design
- Exceptional production skills to do volume work on a weekly basis
- All aspects of fashion design with great communication skills
- Knits and wovens is a must, experience with kidswear is a bonus
- Experience with other design disciplines is a big plus
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Word & Excel
- Comfort with digital publishing for website, blog, and social media
- Minimum BA in Apparel Design & Manufacturing, or professional equivalent
- You should be based in LA and ready to commute to Pasadena
We love to experiment and challenge design, always striving for quality work. We work fast, smart and efficient using the latest technologies. You'll have an opportunity to grow and learn about innovative approaches to growing a business. We care about people and hope to have a valuable and meaningful relationship with you. We also uphold life/work balance.
All supplies for garments will be provided. Engagements and type of work done will span across per unit pricing, hourly pricing and project pricing. Pay will be determined based on experience + quality of work. Payments will be issued upon completion of each task. You will be required to sign a non-compete contract and if quality of work begins to suffer we reserve the right to terminate our employment contract immediately.
To apply please send us an email to email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn and portfolio. If LInkedIn lacks detail, please send us your resume instead. In particular, we want to hear about your involvement in developing the design or supporting production. If our email exchange ignites excitement we'll do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview and sewing test session.
Thanks for your time & let's chat!